One of the questions I seem to get asked quite a lot is ‘Have you done a bucket list?’ and up until now, my answer has always been ‘No, not yet. Have you?’ The person in question would then proceed in telling me all the things they would like to do or achieve and I would nod in all the right places, thinking how quickly the years are going by and how I haven’t thought about future goals, aspirations or destinations to put on my own bucket list.
Where would I start? Not only do I need to consider the financial side of things, I also need to find the time to actually complete the list set for myself. Juggling family and work commitments and with so many fabulous places to visit, delicious foods to eat and aspirations to fulfil, is my bucket list really achievable?
I’d like to think, yes definitely and with careful planning and preparation, there’s no reason why I can’t achieve nearly all, if not all, of the things on my list. With this positive thought in mind and in the excitement of gradually obtaining my goals, I have reached to the far depths of my brain (okay, just had a good think) and have come up with my very own bucket list. And I just so happen to be going to some of the places on my bucket list this year! So the next time I get asked ‘Have you done a bucket list?’, I can confidently say ‘Yes absolutely, I’m already ticking it off.’
1. Visit and explore Sicily
2. See the Northern Lights
3. Go on a helicopter ride
4. Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
5. See giant turtles on the Cayman Islands
6. Have afternoon tea at Claridge’s
7. Write a book
8. Learn a new language
9. Go on a Caribbean cruise
10. Join or start a book club
11. Attend a masquerade ball
12. Learn to Salsa
13. Run up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (iconic scene from Rocky)
14. Have photo taken next to the bronze statue of Rocky in Philadelphia
15. Go to the Maldives
16. Take a creative cooking class
17. Ride in a hot air balloon
18. Attend a film premiere
19. Attend a murder mystery dinner
21. Go to a book signing event
22. Go on a wine tasting tour
23. Be part of a flash mob
24. Make my own signature perfume
25. Go on a Jack the Ripper walking tour
26. Go on a chocolate tasting tour
27. Go on the Orient Express
28. Visit and explore Rome
29. See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
30. Explore Iceland
These are some of my goals that I would like to experience or achieve. Have you thought about doing your own bucket list? If so, what’s on your list?
All images from Pixabay.
The Cappuccino Diaries is a lifestyle, food and travel blog, please do get in touch if you would like to be featured.